Sunday, April 10, 2011

BP4_WiZiQ


 
I was looking for a platform that would allow for me to teach and keep in contact with my students during the CBR project. This would allow for me to be able to communicate with them, teach, and share during the process. One aspect of the project will be to be able to share media such as photos during the process. Also, the students will need to be able to share ideas with me and each other. Due to the fact that we live in a rural community, there is much distance between the students and me. Having the WiZiQ as a home platform may create a place to share and keep the information and data obtained during the process.

WiZiQ provides an online teaching environment. Within the environment the teacher and students can share and interact with one another. It looks and acts much like Wimba.

The website is free. However, if you want to create an online course, there is a fee of $9.95 per month.

There are a number of communities that you can join within WiziQ. I chose to join the Web 2.0 community. Here I watched a presentation about creating a personal learning network: http://www.slideshare.net/markwoolley/living-literacy-digital-story-telling-for-21st-century-learners.
 
WiziQ enables you to connect with teachers and students from around the world; allows for participation in discussions and communities; network with other teachers and experts; and provides the latest activity from teachers, courses, tests and content. WiZiQ supports teachers in providing an online teaching platform that can be synchronous and asynchronous through a virtual classroom. The site provides teachers with the tools of online test creation, messaging, and payment management. You can create your own online teaching business.  

As I get closer to the implementation of my project, I will probably upgrade to the premium option.

No comments:

Post a Comment