Friday, October 28, 2011

Week One Copyright Issues: Free-Choice Assignment


In most of my work to this point for the CBR project, I have tried to use my own images and video; however, in the case of the alligator snapping turtle and other endangered species, I did not own any of my own material of these species. So I called the Missouri Conservation Department and asked if I could use the materials on their website. I was told that as long as I was using it for educational purposes that I could use anything on their website. So I have made sure to give MCD the credit for their work in my projects. I am hoping; however, that after the project is completed, the MDC may want to further use and follow the information that I have gathered.

2 comments:

  1. Wayne, That is great how you contacted them for their permission. SO many people do not think about it and that is why I think they get in trouble with the owners. I wish you luck with your CBR and hopefully the MDC will use your hard work. Heck, maybe they will even find a position for you to create educational materials for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect example that we're all just one email away from getting permission to use media and breaking the copyright stranglehold.

    ReplyDelete